Career Catalyst Research (CCR) Grants
- Eligibility: Applications are open to early career investigators working at academic institutions who have held faculty positions for no more than 5 years.
- Funding Level: Up to $150,000 per year for up to 3 years.
- Training Requirements: Applicants/PIs must propose a mentor committee whose purpose is to provide the research, scientific, clinical, management, and leadership guidance necessary to foster the Applicant’s career advancement.
At least one mentor, designated as the Lead Mentor, must be at the same institution as the PI and serve as the onsite representative for the entire mentor committee.
- Grant Intent: CCR Grants provide unique opportunities for scientists or clinician scientists who have held faculty positions for no more than five years by the Application due date (October 17, 2018). CCR grants provide support for hypothesis-driven research projects that will lead to a reduction in breast cancer deaths by 2026.
- Research Focus Area: Conquering Metastatic Breast Cancer. The goal of this focus area is to support outstanding translational research into the understanding, detection, and treatment of metastatic breast cancer which will lead to a reduction in breast cancer deaths by 2026. Applications that fit the focus area as detailed in the LOI Announcement and include studies that address metastatic breast cancer disparities or leverage data science to better understand and treat metastatic breast cancer are highly encouraged.
- Application System Opens: July 2, 2018
- Letter of Intent Due:August 1, 2018, by1 p.m., Eastern Standard Time
- Letter of Intent Decision:August 22, 2018
- Application Due:October 17, 2018, by1 p.m., Eastern Standard Time
- Award Notification: On or aroundApril 15, 2019
As part of Komen’s commitment to include the patient perspective, applicants are required to work with Patient Advocates when submitting an Application (due October 17, 2018).
Details on the Funding Mechanism is available at www.komen.org/RFA.