The purpose of the Green and Gold Student Leadership and Professional Development Grant (Green and Gold Grant) is to help U of A students become leaders in their profession following graduation. The Green and Gold Grant funds up to 80% of the total cost of an activity, to a maximum of $1,500.
This grant provides funding to participate in high impact professional development activities that will help students:
- Expand and develop leadership and employability skills.
- Explore future career opportunities.
- Learn about professional practices in different cultures and contexts.
- Establish networks vital to professional practice and advancement.
- Reflect critically on their career interests and aspirations.
Employability skills, skills directly related to obtaining and maintaining a job, include: