Save the completed budget as "LastName_FirstName_Activity Budget" and upload it within the BearsDen application.
Letter of reference
A letter of reference from a U of A faculty member in Word or PDF format must be included.
Faculty members are instructors of academic courses (i.e. lecturer, professor) or a Chair, Associate Dean or Dean. Reference letters from non-faculty staff can be submitted as an optional additional letter (i.e. co-op coordinators, academic advisors, teaching assistants).
The letter of reference should:
- explain the merits and goals of your proposed activity;
- address how participating in the activity will impact your career exploration, leadership and professional development; and
- speak to your leadership accomplishments and potential.
Provide the referee with:
- the Reference Guidelines to help them write an appropriate reference letter.
- information about the activity, why you want to participate in the activity, and how you expect to benefit from it.
- enough time to write a quality reference letter and send it back to you. You should request the reference several weeks in advance of the deadline.