Receive a wage subsidy between $10/hour and $15/hour for a four-to-six-month position to be filled by U of A students or alumni with disabilities who are seeking positions that align with their level of education and experience. The wage subsidy amount is based on the type of position and appropriate salary level; the wage subsidy will be matched by the employer.
These positions will support your organization by:
- Creating a culture of inclusion
- Increasing your organizational reputation
- Elevating your degree of organizational citizenship
The Career Centre will provide you with ongoing coaching and support to help increase your company’s capacity to integrate employees with disabilities into the workplace.
To help students/alumni develop meaningful employable skills and professional networks, positions must meet the following guidelines:
- Provide quality work experience that will develop the participants’ skills and provide professional development opportunities.
- Be no longer than 26 weeks.
- We are currently recruiting for both full- and part-time positions, and summer work experience opportunities.
- Pay a salary appropriate to the type of position.
- A wage subsidy of between $10/hour and $15/hour is available. The wage subsidy amount must be matched by the employer.
- Pay all Mandatory Employment-Related Costs.
- Identify a supervisor for the participant who will agree to support the intern (e.g. provide time during or away from work) in developing employable skills, build their professional network and complete the requirements of the internship (see below for details).
We are currently accepting employer applications.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply.