Career fairs are prime opportunities for employers to meet face-to-face with interested and talented students and alumni. Some fairs, like Careers Day, are for all disciplines, while others are targeted towards certain faculties. Our fairs engage employers from all industries, all areas (e.g. corporate, government, not for profit), and of all sizes. At a career fair, you can expect to meet with a variety of employers. Some will be recruiting candidates right away while others may be there to talk about company culture and future opportunities.
Students and Alumni
Career fairs are a great opportunity to interact with a large number of employers who are all in the same place, on the same day. You will be able to:
- Build your network of professional contacts.
- Explore your career options and how you can put your degree to work.
- Discuss current and future work opportunities with a variety of organizations.
Here are a few quick tips for attending a career fair:
- Bring a resume: some employers may ask for a resume on the spot, it’s best to be prepared!
- Find out which employers are attending: once you know who you want to speak to, you can prepare questions for recruiters.
- Dress for the occasion: there is no specific dress code for a career fair, though this may be a recruiter’s (and potential employer’s) first impression of you, so make it count!
- Practice an elevator pitch: practice a 1–2-minute introduction of yourself that gives the recruiter a well-rounded understanding of who you are.
For more tips on how to prepare for a career fair, consider attending “Making Careers Day Work for You”. Dates and times for this session will be listed on our event calendar at uab.ca/cc.
Follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn for further work search tips and to get up-to-date event information!
Career fairs are a cost-effective way to gain access to bright employee prospects. We will take care of all the details like advertising, catering, and parking. You will be able to:
- Share information with a large number of students and alumni who are interested in your organization.
- Raise your brand awareness on campus.
- Debunk myths about your industry or organization.
- Recruit for current and future opportunities.
Career Fair Fees for Employers
- Careers Day: $950 (regular) or $475 (charitable, not-for-profit, or U of A organizations)
- Pharmacy Career Fair: $750
- Education Career Fair/Foire d'emploi en Éducation:
- Education Career Fair: $900
- Foire d'emploi en Education: $500
- Both: $1300
- Summer Job Fair: $800 (regular) or $425 (charitable, not-for-profit, or U of A organizations)