The Spousal/Partner Employment Program is available to the spouses and partners of newly hired academic staff (i.e. Faculty, APOs, FSOs, and Librarians) on continuing appointments. The program supports spouses and partners to achieve their employment goals upon relocating to Edmonton.
You have access to 15 hours of individual support which includes:
- Support in your work search, including assistance in researching industry and labour market information.
- Advice on preparing your resume, cover letter, CV, LinkedIn profile, or other work search tools.
- Guidance in targeting and making connections with employers both on and off campus.
- Interview skills training.
- Guidance in career exploration and career management.
You will also have access to other Career Centre services such as:
- Career education including workshops and seminars.
- Programs and events that allow you to make connections with professionals, including:
- Job postings from a wide range of local employers.
- Extensive library of career and work-related resources, including in-house publications.
This program is designed to meet your unique needs. If you require career or employment-related support that is not listed here, do not hesitate to ask. Because the success of your work search depends on so many factors, we cannot guarantee employment, nor can we forecast how long it might be until you find employment. In the end, the result will depend on both the opportunities available, and on you.