The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) promotes teaching excellence, scholarship and innovation by administering awards and funding. CTL's Strategic Initiatives Manager supports academics in their pursuit of teaching awards by helping to identify award opportunities and offering tips on developing a strong nomination package.
We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Awards For Faculty Excellence
Awards For Teaching Excellence
- Distinguished University Professor
- Henry Marshall Tory Chair
- McCalla Professorship
- University Cup
- Vargo Teaching Chair
External Teaching Awards
- Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching
- Provost’s Award for Early Achievement of Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Rutherford Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Teaching Unit Award
- William Hardy Alexander Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
Other Awards and Funding
- 3M National Teaching Fellowships (STLHE)
- Alan Blizzard Award (STLHE)
- Brightspace Innovation Award in Teaching and Learning (STLHE)
- Distinguished Academic Award (CAUT)
For a complete list of academic awards and recipients visit ualberta.ca/academicawards. Use the search tool or navigate to the award you are interested in. For discipline specific awards select the appropriate field of study and determine which award(s) are applicable.