A Call for Expressions of Interest for Blended Learning Proposals 2017
The Provost’s Digital Learning Committee (PDLC) was established by the Provost to support the implementation of digital learning activities broadly across the University of Alberta. To support this initiative, the PDLC created the University of Alberta Blended Learning Awards. These award was developed to provide a teaching and learning opportunity for faculty members at the University of Alberta who are interested in receiving extensive support from the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) for the purpose of redeveloping a current undergraduate course into a blended learning format. The award was first offered in Winter 2014 and PDLC is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 2017 offering of the award. The call involves a two-step process (expression of interest and full application). More information about blended learning and various models of blended learning is available on the CTL Blended Learning website: http://blendedualberta.ca/
Examples of blended learning courses developed at the University of Alberta can be found at http://blendedualberta.ca/case-studies/
The Provost’s Digital Learning Committee invites the campus community to submit expressions of interest. The application form can be downloaded from the CTL website: http://uofa.ualberta.ca/-/media/ualberta/centre-for-teaching-and-learning/blended-awards/bl-application-form-2017
Selected expressions of interest will then be invited to submit a full proposal with a comprehensive budget (that will be developed in consultation between the instructional team and an Educational Developer from CTL).
- November 9, 2016 – Call for Expression of Interest
- Information Session will be held on December 12, noon-1:00 in B-12 Cameron Library
- January 20, 2017 (5:00 p.m.) - Expressions of Interest Submission Deadline
- February 10, 2017 - Notification of Results
- Selected proposals will be invited to submit a full proposal that outlines the scope and budget for the project. This proposal will be developed in collaboration with CTL.
- March 31, 2017 (5:00 p.m.) - Full Proposal Submission Deadline
- April 21, 2017- Notification of Results
Blended Learning Award Questions and Answers
Additional questions and requests for consultation should be sent to email@example.com
The application form can be downloaded here