Annually, a maximum of two undergraduate student awards (valued at $5,000 each) and two graduate student awards (12 hours per week graduate assistantships) will be given to work with a faculty member to create learning objects to enhance teaching in a course(s) or to contribute to broader pro gram revision during the summer months. An additional award may be given in either category depending on the number and quality of applications received.
Awards given to undergraduate and graduate students in support of teaching enhancement at the University of Alberta. Made possible by an Endowment for Teaching, Learning and Their Enhancement, and parallel to the Roger S Smith Research awards, awards will be given to work with a faculty member to create learning objects to enhance teaching in a course(s) or to contribute to broader program revision. Examples include creating a website to be used in teaching, learning modules, learning objects, multimedia content, materials, assignments, or conducting literature reviews or environmental scan that feeds into (re)design of course materials or program (re)design.
- Competition: 2 awards to undergraduate students (valued at $5,000 each; approx. 300 hours) for up to 15-weeks of summer employment
- Competition: 2 awards to graduate students (12 hours per week graduate assistantships over 4 months; valued at $8,029.72 [Master's] or $8,399.08 [Doctoral] in 2018)
Candidates must normally be continuing in an undergraduate or graduate degree program following the summer the award is taken up. At the time of application, candidates must be, at a minimum, in Satisfactory Standing (GPA minimum 2.0) at the undergraduate level. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 is required at the graduate level.
CTL Director, CTL Associate Director, CTL Educational Developer, CTL Faculty Affiliate.
- March 10, 2019 - Submission deadline (by 11:59 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- April 18, 2019 - Notification of results
- May 1 - August 31, 2019 - Funding period
- September 30, 2019 - Final Report due (for dissemination of outcomes on the CTL website)
Download and complete the application form. E-mail the signed application form with a copy of transcripts and student resume (in a single PDF file) to email@example.com (by 11:59 PM).
*Note, only complete submissions (i.e., signed application form with required supporting documents) will be considered.