A Call for Expressions of Interest for Blended Learning Proposals 2018
The Provost’s Digital Learning Committee (PDLC) was established by the Provost to support the implementation of digital learning activities broadly across the University of Alberta. To support this initiative, the PDLC created the University of Alberta Blended Learning Awards. This award was developed to provide a teaching and learning opportunity for faculty members at the University of Alberta who are interested in receiving extensive support from the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) for the purpose of redeveloping a current undergraduate course into a blended learning format. The award was first offered in Winter 2014 and PDLC is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the 2018 offering of the award. The call involves a two-step process (expression of interest and full application). More information about blended learning and various models of blended learning is available on the CTL Blended Learning website: http://blendedualberta.ca/about/#initiative
Examples of blended learning courses developed at the University of Alberta can be found at
The Provost’s Digital Learning Committee invites the campus community to submit expressions of interest. The application form can be downloaded here
Selected expressions of interest will then be invited to submit a full proposal with a comprehensive budget (that will be developed in consultation between the instructional team and CTL).
- Blended Learning Award Information Session
- November 17, 2017 from noon - 1 p.m. in CTL (5-02D Cameron Library) or
- December 7, 2017 from noon - 1 p.m. in CTL (5-02D Cameron Library)
- January 19, 2018 (5 p.m.) - Expressions of Interest Submission Deadline
- February 9, 2018 - Notification of Results
- Selected proposals will be invited to submit a full proposal that outlines the scope and budget for the project. This proposal will be developed in collaboration with CTL.
- March 29, 2018 (5 p.m.) - Full Proposal Submission Deadline
- April 30, 2018 - Notification of Results
Blended Learning Award Questions and Answers
Additional questions and requests for consultation should be sent to email@example.com
The application form can be downloaded here