The Writing Across the Curriculum program works with faculty administrators, with individual faculty members, and with faculty groups at university-wide workshops to improve writing instruction for students.
Free tutoring is available for groups of students in your classes to help them as they draft their essays, papers, reports or other written assignments. Click here for more details.
Would you like to improve the writing of your students? Improve their learning of your lecture material?
Are you looking for new ways to engage your students in your course materials?
If this interests you, contact Roger Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to request a consultation.
What we do for individual instructors:
- meet to talk about ways to incorporate informal (short, impromptu) writing assignments into any class, small or large
- review via email or in person any assignment you give students that has a writing component to help make it clearer for students and to help develop grading rubrics to improve the speed and accuracy of grading
- visit your class to help students get started on your writing assignments
What we do for departments:
- hold workshops on creating good writing assignments
- host discussions of how to improve the writing of students in your programs
- conduct reviews of writing assignments in your departments courses to identify exactly what your students are being asked to write, and to ensure that they have access to resources on how to write (online and on-campus)