Office: 12-356 Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering
9211 - 116 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6G 1H9
Areas of Research Interests: nano- and bio-tribology, tribo-materials, surface science & engineering, computational materials science, photocatalytic materials, and bio-medical interfacial interactions.
- Wear and erosion-corrosion of high-Cr cast irons and pipeline steels
- Wear-corrosion synergy and control
- Nanocharacterization for local mechanical, wear & corrosion properties
- Surface engineering for tribological & biomedical applications
- Correlation between the electron work function and properties of materials
- Nanotubular photocatalytic materials for solar energy utilization
- Computational modeling of wear of materials
- Molecular dynamics simulation of interface-dislocation interaction
- Surface nanocrystallization of materials to reduce bacterial bio-films
Positions are available for self-motivated and highly qualified graduate students (M.Sc./PhD) and postdoctoral fellows with interest in the above Areas of Research Interests.