Chemical Process Design
12-229 Donadeo Innovation
Centre for Engineering
University of Alberta
9211 - 116 Street NW
CANADA, T6G 1H9
- BSc in Chemical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Leveraging sustainable design, life cycle, risk, and project management - from innovation and strategic implementation through responsible operation to planned reclamation. Engineering projects inherently alter our world; thus, balancing the net social benefit equation is critical to a sustainable future.
- Applying design principles and process control concepts to engineering education with a special interest in blended learning and project courses with industrial partnerships.
- Developing assessment methods to measure higher level cognitive and affective domain functions associated with engineering education learning objectives in complex open ended design project courses.
- Applying thermodynamics and phase behavior to novel and standard design projects.
- CHE 435/465 Blended Learning Project
- Integrative teaching of engineering, team development, project management, design, sustainability, economics, safety, risk and loss management in complex real and sometimes wicked problems.
- Facilitation of Engineering Mentorship by maintaining and growing partnerships with industry, research, business, and student communities to connect people, projects and foster innovation and sustainable design.
- The application of CEAB graduate performance criteria to course and program design.
- Blended learning support for active and open ended learning.
- Industrial Professor in Chemical Process Design University of Alberta 2015 - present
- University of Alberta Center for Teaching and Learning, 2014 - 2016
- University of Alberta Faculty of Engineering, 2010 - 2015
- Engineering Consultant, 1998 - present
- AT Plastics 1996 - 1998
- Syncrude Canada Ltd. 1988 - 1996