Office: 13-271 Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering
Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 1H9
- Process systems engineering
- Computational biology
- Mathematical optimization
Dr. Li's research interests include:
- process operations involving scheduling, planning and supply chain management, as well as process design and process control with a focus on energy systems applications;
- computational biology, with current focus on mass spectrum based peptide/protein identification and biomarker discovery;
- nonlinear and mixed integer optimization, with a focus on addressing uncertainty through robust optimization, stochastic programming and parametric programming techniques.
Dr. Li holds a Bachelor's degree (2002) in Automatic Control and a Master's degree (2005) in Control Theory and Control Engineering from the University of Science and Technology of China. Dr. Li received his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Rutgers University in 2010. Dr. Li was a postdoctoral research associate in Princeton University from June 2010 to December 2012. He joined the University of Alberta as an Assistant Professor in January 2013.