- A completed undergraduate degree in chemical or materials engineering from a recognized institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last two years of study, or an equivalent qualification
- English Language Requirement. Applicants with English as an additional language must submit English language test results.*The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering does NOT use the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research's exemption list for waiving the English language requirement.
- One scanned PDF copy of official transcript
- One scanned PDF copy of official degree certificate (optional, if you have not yet completed your current degree)
- English Language Proficiency Test score (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae in PDF format
- Personal Statement is a one page PDF document that details why you are pursuing graduate studies with this department, your research interests, and why you are a suitable candidate.
- Three references. In the online application, you will be asked to enter the email addresses of three references, who will then receive an email requesting they complete an online form OR upload their own letter of reference.
- Do NOT send hard copies of your documents. Hard copies of transcripts are only required later on if you are admitted.
3. Apply for admission to the University of Alberta through the Faculty of Graduate Students and Research using the online application system.
- A $100 application fee is required
- Be sure to submit within the application deadlines (see right ->)
- Do NOT check BearTracks to determine the status of your application. BearTracks will not be updated. You can view the status of your application in on the online application dashboard after you have uploaded all your required documents.
To begin the online application process, click here.