* updated 2019 October 17
- A completed undergraduate degree in chemical or materials engineering from a recognized institution. NOTE: Applicants must declare all previous academic education and provide acceptable supporting documents for their application to be valid. Click here for more information on Academic Documents. *Graduates with non-engineering backgrounds may be admitted under special arrangements which involve the completion of certain undergraduate engineering courses.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0 in the last two years of study, or an equivalent qualification (see minimum academic requirements by country here)
- English Language Requirement. Applicants with English as an additional language must submit ONE of the following English language test results:
*The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering does NOT use the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research's exemption list for waiving the English language requirement.
* ESL 550 is NOT sufficient to meet our English language requirement.
* Letters of English proficiency are NOT sufficient to meet our English language requirement.
* Only students who have completed a degree from Canada, USA, UK, Australia, or New Zealand are exempt from the English language requirement.