In the spring of 2017, UAlberta Women in Chemistry (UAWIC) was created to help promote diversity in the field of chemistry. UAWIC is a group of individuals that strive to:
- Foster a culture of inclusivity amongst members of the Chemistry Department.
- Provide a chance for young investigators to interact with female role models through smaller, more intimate interactions over coffee meetings.
- Recruit women with a background in chemistry from various fields, such as academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations, to visit our campus and share their career path.
- Organize workshops aimed at career development, particularly for young scholars looking to enhance their resumes.
- Create opportunities for members to expand their network and be connected with a wide range of career mentors.
Our events are open to any interested individuals, regardless of gender or stage in their career. If you would like more information, please get in touch!
Facebook: UAlberta Women in Chemistry