In the spring of 2017, UAlberta Working for Inclusivity in Chemistry (UAWIC) was created to help promote diversity in the field of chemistry. UAWIC is a group of individuals that strive to:
- Foster a camaraderie amongst members of the Chemistry Department, regardless of their status as student, postdoctoral fellow, staff, faculty, or otherwise.
- Provide a chance for young investigators to interact with diverse or minority role models through smaller, more intimate interactions over coffee meetings.
- Recruit chemists from various fields, such as industry, government, or education, to visit our campus and discuss their career path.
- Organize workshops aimed at career development, particularly for young scholars looking to enhance their resumes.
- Consciously increase gender diversity through representation in committees/groups and selection of invited speakers.
Our events are open to any interested individuals, regardless of gender or stage in their career. If you would like more information, please get in touch!
Facebook: UAlberta WIC