For more information about visiting our department, please contact Professor Rylan Lundgren of our Graduate Recruitment Committee.
For more information about graduate studies in our department, see our Graduate Program web pages or contact our Graduate Studies Coordinator.
The Department of Chemistry welcomes you to join us on the weekend of 15-17 March 2019 for this year's Prospective Graduate Student Visit Weekend. Come spend a few days at our campus in Edmonton, Alberta, and see what we have to offer for your upcoming graduate studies. Click HERE to register.
Who's eligible to attend?
- If you're currently living in Canada or the United States, you should be eligible for complimentary travel and accommodations.
- You should be enrolled in, or should have recently completed, a degree program majoring in Chemistry or a related science.
- You meet admissions requirements for the graduate program in Chemistry and have an active application to the program.
- You should be ready to start graduate school in September 2019 or January 2020.
- You'll be asked to provide a transcript of your university grades.
What's going to happen during the weekend?
- On Friday (15 March) you'll arrive in Edmonton and check in at the Varscona Hotel. There will be a poster session in the early evening, where you can meet members of our research groups and learn about their current work.
- On Saturday (16 March) you'll get to see some of our campus, especially the labs and facilities belonging to the Department of Chemistry. You'll meet with our Graduate Recruitment Committee, who will tell you about living, learning, and working in Edmonton and in our department. You'll get to meet one-on-one with the faculty members whose research interests you. And at the end of the day you'll head to a nearby pub for supper and to spend some time with our current grad students, and you can ask them about their experiences over good food and a refreshment or two.
- On Sunday (17 March) you'll head home.
Sounds great! How do I sign up?
Fill out our registration form and one of the members of our graduate recruitment committee will contact you to get things rolling.