Before starting lab work all new staff, faculty, students, visiting researchers and volunteers are required to complete the following online training and in-class safety orientation.
Instructions available below AND in the Chemistry Safety Orientation eClass course.
Questions: Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PART I: Complete Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) BEFORE attending the in-class seminar
- Complete EHS online courses and save a copy of your certificates*:
- Laboratory & Chemical Safety
- Supervisory EHS Professional Development (**see below)
- Submit your Certificates in the eClass course (Part II).
PART III: Attend the next scheduled in-class seminar
To be announced (most recent was September 6, 2019).
If you are unable to attend or are required to start work in the lab before the next in-class seminar you may submit a written assignment (see eClass course for details).
PART IV: Provide a grade summary to your supervisor.
- Visit the eClass course and click on "Grades" at the top left.
- Print or take a screen shot. Include your CCID and the course total grade.
- Submit to your supervisor.
PART V: Any lab- or site- specific and additional training required by your supervisor.
*There are other online training courses available through EHS that may be required depending on the work you will be doing. Please check with your supervisor.
**The University requires all supervisors to complete the Supervisory EHS Professional Development course. You are a supervisor if you are in charge of a work site or are directing the work of someone else. Typically this includes TAs, Research Associates, Lab Coordinators, faculty, and postdoctoral fellows. Not sure if this is you? E-mail email@example.com or ask your supervisor.