The CSL Program offers various grants to instructors to support and encourage them to incorporate CSL into their courses.
The CSL Program’s Small Grant Fund supports CSL activities that require extra resources beyond the supports routinely provided by the CSL Program and by the applicant’s home department. This is a one-time grant and cannot be awarded to an instructor more than once. Small Grant applications are accepted twice a year, in Spring and Fall.
for WINTER Term.
Look for our new google form COMING SOON!
CSL PARTNERSHIP GRANT
The CSL Partnership Grant funds two-year partnerships between university instructors and community organizations in the Edmonton area that engage U of A students across disciplines. The primary focus of these partnerships must be social change projects, or community-based research.
*PLEASE NOTE: Currently, Partnership Grants are being revised.
Important Dates and Deadlines: TBA
More information about the CSL Partnership Grant can be found here:
- Guidelines and Terms
- Project Planning Guidelines
- Letter of Intent Guidelines
- Partnership Grant Application Form
CSL INSTRUCTOR SUPPORT PROGRAM (ISP)
The CSL Instructor Support Program (ISP) provides new CSL instructors and CSL instructors with large classes (of 40 or more students) with matching funds to be used to employ a Teaching Assistant to support the service-learning components of courses. The ISP will fund up to $5,000 of a Teaching Assistant’s salary, through cost-sharing (50:50) with the instructor’s home department. *Please note this is a one-time only fund and applicants are only eligible to apply once.
Teaching Assistants funded through the ISP can be engaged in the following type of activities:
ISP Grant Administration:
- Helping instructors to build a dynamic and innovative CSL community in their classrooms
- Assisting instructors in developing creative ways to integrate students’ in-class learning with out-of-class CSL experiences
- Helping with logistics of CSL administration in large classes
- Participating in the assessment of CSL assignments
- The CSL instructor and TA are required to meet with CSL staff two weeks before the start of classes. A follow-up session to de-brief with CSL staff is also required.
- Funds will be disbursed at the beginning of term
The deadline for ISP applications for Fall 2017/Winter 2018 is APRIL 28, 2017
CSL Instructor Support Program forms can be found here: