We encourage students to reach their goals and connect them to appropriate resources.
We also provide consultation to U of A students, staff and faculty who are supporting themselves and others in the following ways:
- Increasing awareness and navigation of on- and off-campus resources
- Developing and enhancing support strategies
- Strengthening confidence in supporter roles
- Decreasing supporter distress
- Supporting campus community members to advocate for themselves and others
- one's ability to advocate for themselves and others
- Integrating and engaging with the community
If you are experiencing your own personal challenge or if you are supporting someone through a difficult time, contact our office for assistance at 780-492-3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful Reflection Questions
In developing greater resilience, we encourage individuals to learn from past experiences. For example, think back to a time when you were faced with adversity. How did you cope and what made it effective? By reflecting on your past experiences, you can keep adding pieces of learned wisdom to your toolkit and manage future adversity.