Information for Students

Updates for Students

  • Updates for the U of A community for the week ending May 29

    May 29, 2020

    This week’s updates include a new information hub for graduate students, information about Alberta’s relaunch guide for post-secondaries, and a note about the impact of Alberta’s State of Emergency.

  • Updates for the U of A community for the week ending May 22

    May 22, 2020

    This week’s updates include an update about Phase One of the gradual on-campus research plan, information about Spring Convocation, a note about Fall Residence applications, and a reminder about the need to continue remote work.

  • The first phase of resuming research on our campuses

    May 22, 2020

    As of May 25, 2020, the University of Alberta will be gradually resuming on-campus research activities that were temporarily paused or moved off campus as part of springtime public health measures. Guidance is now available for researchers on how to ready their campus research spaces and work environments to meet current public health requirements.

  • Updates for the U of A community for the week ending May 15

    May 15, 2020

    This week’s updates include financial resources for students, information for researchers, FAQs for international students, a new locker pickup date, and a reminder that the University Health Centre and Pharmacy are open.

  • Resuming On-Campus Research - Phase 1

    May 14, 2020

    On May 25, the university will start a gradual, phased resumption of research on campus. The information below is intended to help principal investigators and professors efficiently meet public health requirements in order to resume their research activities on campus.

  • Update on the Fall 2020 term at the U of A

    May 14, 2020

    Over the last several weeks, the University of Alberta has been turning its attention to the Fall 2020 term. Today, President Turpin announced the U of A’s initial plans for welcoming incoming and current students to the new academic year in September.

  • Potential research funding impacts from COVID-19 and the provincial budget

    May 13, 2020

    COVID-19 has significantly affected most, if not all, University of Alberta research projects in various ways. In the case of research funding, there are some potential impacts principal investigators (PIs) and project holders should consider

  • Updates for the U of A community for the week ending May 8

    May 08, 2020

    This week’s update includes information about the province’s relaunch strategy, an update about ONEcard and Parking Services access, info about a laptop lending program for students, and a note about the online convocation ceremony set to take place on June 12.

  • See all updates