Have an idea to make our campus a healthier place? We want to hear it!
The Healthy Campus Unit offers grant funding to support the development of new student wellness initiatives at the University of Alberta. These grants serve as a way to support the efforts of our campus community in creating a culture of wellness on our campus.
U of A students, faculty, employees and community members are eligible to apply for a Wellness Grant. Initiatives that meet the following criteria are more likely to be funded:
- Initiatives that support student wellness and contribute to building a healthy campus.
- Initiatives that build partnerships and collaborations across campus groups and services
- Initiatives that engage students and staff
Wellness Grants support a wide range of wellness ideas such as creating social connections, promoting healthy eating and physical activity, or enhancing green spaces. Initiatives that fall within a department’s regular operations will not normally be eligible for funding, however special considerations may be made for funding on a case-by-case basis. Grants will be approved up to $5,000.
How to Get Started
- Download the Funding Eligibility & Guidelines to learn whether your idea for a healthier campus is eligible for funding.
- Brainstorm ideas for a healthier campus with your peers and colleagues
- Contact the Wellness Project admin team for feedback on your idea or attend a grant information session.