Thank you for your interest in our Volunteer Programs. With your help, we will continue to work towards creating a campus community free of sexual violence.
There are two volunteer opportunities available at the U of A Sexual Assault Centre: Education Volunteer and Crisis Intervention Volunteer. First year volunteers at our Centre may only apply to one of these programs. We welcome applications to our volunteer programs from all interested persons, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons, people of colour, people experiencing disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
Reporting to two Education Program Coordinators, volunteers with the Centre are responsible for assisting in the development, promotion, evaluation and facilitation of sexual assault education and awareness workshops at the University of Alberta. As an Education Volunteer, you will:
- Gain and develop confidence and skills in public speaking
- Be an agent of social change
- Acquire and share knowledge about sexual violence to the campus community
- Dedicate 10-15 hours a month to the Centre (facilitating/debriefing of workshops and compiling workshop evaluations)
- Attend all mandatory training sessions and program meetings
Applicants must read this material before submitting an application.