To advance the prevention and management of pulmonary disease through the integration of innovative patient care, translational research and education.
Our Division will create, disseminate and apply current and new knowledge to minimalize the burden of respiratory disease.
- Provide exceptional patient care and leadership in the application of new knowledge for continuing quality improvement.
- Develop innovative approaches to improve patient care involving the spectrum of health care professionals.
- Disseminate best practices and clinical innovation to best serve the medical community.
- Providing care inclusive of the geographic, socioeconomic, and cultural diversity of Western and Northern Canada.
- To engage patients in their own self-management
- Develop and deliver education to patients, health care professionals, trainees, and the community across the spectrum of respiratory health and disease.
- Utilize cutting edge theory of knowledge development and application
- Conduct research that spans fundamental discovery, translational research, health care services, and knowledge mobilization.
- Our goals are to improve patient care, clinical practice and guide health policy.
Health Care System:
- Collaborate with health system stakeholders to develop and implement health care priorities in Alberta.
- To improve health care services utilizing multi-disciplinary health care teams to address clinical needs of patients with respiratory disease.
- Appropriate stewardship of healthcare resources.
Governance and Accountability:
- Effective, representative, and accountable to our members, the University and AHS.
- Use of Key Performance Indicators across the spectrum of clinic, research, education and administration.
- Leadership in collaborative efforts to improve respiratory health through the engagement of stakeholders in the community, academic centers, private sector and government.
- Leadership in responsible patient advocacy and improvement in respiratory health.