Funding - Nephrology Residency Training Program

Ministry funding is provided for those qualified residents who are eligible for licensure on the educational register of the Province of Alberta. This requires that the applicant be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and have completed the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination. Limited non-ministry monies may occasionally be available for certain highly qualified applicants who fail to meet these criteria. The applications of outstanding individuals for whom funding is provided by a foreign government will be seriously considered.

Qualified residents may apply for research training positions funded by the Royal College Clinical Investigator Program. Successful candidates will be expected to obtain a Masters Degree in a research field during the course of an extended residency. Funds are also available to support research Fellowships within the Division.