We offer the incoming nephrology fellow a well organized program with specific objectives, and a large complement of training experiences designed to enable the trainee to meet these objectives. Our program is committed to the training of excellent nephrologists who are well equipped to meet the expectations of the contemporary specialist. We are also committed to fostering the career goals of our graduates either in clinical nephrology or as clinician scientists
- Core curriculum / training conferences several hours a week.
- Fully developed rotations with experienced attending staff - see Rotations Menu on right.
- Strong Clinical and Basic Research Program
- Transplantation Immunology
Principal Investigator: Philip Halloran, M.D.
- Glomerular Endothelial Cell Biology
Principal Investigator: Barbara J. Ballermann, M.D.
- Cell Biology of the Endothelial Response to Inflammation
Principal Investigator: Allan Murray, M.D.
- Clinical Epidemiology in Nephrology
Principal Investigator: Marcello Tonelli, M.D.
- Efficacy and Ethics in End Stage Renal Disease
Principal Investigator: Sara Davison, M.D.
- Health Economics in Nephrology
Principal Investigator: Scott Klarenbach, M.D.
- Renal Transplantation Outcomes
Principal Investigator: Sita Gourishankar, M.D.
- Clinical Research in Dialysis
Principal Investigator: Kailash Jindal, M.D.
- Systemic consequences of renal dysfunction
Principal Investigator: Branko Braam, M.D., Ph.D.
- Home Hemodialysis
Principal Investigator: Robert Pauly, M.D.
- Clinical Research in Acute Kidney Injury / Quality Improvement in CKD/ESRD
Principal Investigator: Neesh Pannu M.D.
- Kidney transplant monitoring
Principal Investigator: Thomas F Mueller, MD, PhD
- The Ethical Conduct of Research
This training applicable to all research projects
- Unique, world class physical plant (Walter Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre), contiguous with Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry and with medical research facilities.
- Fellowship preparation examination series for final year trainees, with written and oral practice examinations for all trainees.