Some of the highlights of the GIM subspecialty training program at the University of Alberta include:
- Elective and selective time is offered for you to choose rotations based on your career goals.
- A faculty and Department committed to excellence in clinical medicine, research and medical education.
- Weekly Grand Rounds, GIM subspecialty rounds, as well as daily morning report with an emphasis on evidence-based medicine are well established.
- Adherence to PARA call legislation including the 26-hour rule.
- Most of the opportunities for basic science and clinical research are available. Protected research selective time is also offered. All residents are encouraged to participate in the yearly Department of Medicine Research Day.
- Funding for conference travel is available.