Cooperation, collaboration and teamwork (CCT) are fundamental to the Department optimally achieving its multiple missions relating to education, research, clinical service and administration.
Each Department member’s unique contribution to the global operations of the Department is appreciated and, within the context of a group, may determine the success of an effort when the collective contributions, the whole, become greater than the sum of the parts.
The Department wishes to recognize those groups who have been successful in creating environments where the professional characteristics of CCT are effective for teaching, research, patient care and are visible to others, thus representing operational role models in the academic environment and/or the larger community.
Terms of Reference
- Department of Medicine Division Directors (in consultation with their division members) may nominate any team for this annual award.
- At least one member of the nominated team must be from the Department of Medicine but membership may include health care workers such as physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists or dietitians; non-academic staff; staff from other departments or faculties; lay or professional community members; students or other trainees.
Nominations must include:
- A completed nomination form
- A signed nomination letter from the Division Director outlining the impact of the team’s contribution and focusing on the strength of that contribution lying in the cooperative and collaborative efforts of its members; and
- At least one brief letter or correspondence from: a recipient of the team’s activities; person/group who has benefitted from the team’s activities; or, a person/group who is able to assess the impact of the team’s cooperative and collaborative efforts.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Academic Development Officer by March 15th.
- Nominations will be adjudicated by the Faculty Affairs Council.
- The winning team will be recognized at the Department’s Annual Celebration Dinner.