The Department of Medicine wishes to recognize clinical innovations that impact patient care in a positive and meaningful way.
Scholarly clinical activity to be recognized could include the discovery of new diagnostic or therapeutic agents, the development of new methods of drug or patient care delivery, new practice procedures or programs, new data bases, enhancements of patient safety, patient education and/or relevant quality improvements to care or processes.
The end result of the contribution would be to provide enhanced patient care and/or the ability to better assess the impact of clinical interventions and thus begin the process of examining ways by which it might be done better. That is, innovations assisting in the evaluation of clinical activity would also be eligible for recognition.
Terms of Reference
Any member of the Department of Medicine may nominate an individual or team for this annual award.
The nominated individual must be a member of the Department of Medicine. If a team is nominated, at least one member of the team must be from the Department of Medicine, but membership may include health care workers such as physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, pharmacists or dietitians; non-academic staff; staff from other departments or faculties; lay or professional community members; students or other trainees.
Nominations must include:
- A completed nomination form.
- A signed nomination letter describing and outlining the impact of the innovation.
- At least one brief letter or correspondence from: a recipient of the innovation; a person/group who has benefitted from the innovation; or a person/group able to assess the impact of the innovation.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Academic Development Officer by March 15th.
- Nominations will be adjudicated by the Faculty Affairs Council.
- The winner(s) will be recognized at the Department’s Annual Celebration Dinner.