The Employment Equity Program and the Office of Safe Disclosure and Human Rights are proud to announce the 2016 Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Awards, which will be presented during EDI Week 2017. EDI is central to a socially sustainable campus for staff, faculty and students. The EDI awards can be for individuals or for groups, but please note that only one award will be given for group applications.
Recognizing achievements in equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important component in ensuring that the University of Alberta is demonstrating excellence “For the Public Good”. As such, the University of Alberta is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the 2016 EDI awards. The EDI awards will be presented during EDI Week 2017
Specifically, the EDI Awards will celebrate achievement in community service, research, and workplace or classroom environments by all members of the University of Alberta campus community. It will recognize groups or individuals who have gone above and beyond to demonstrate the principles of EDI in activities that support the University’s mission to: “value diversity, inclusivity, and equity across and among our people, campuses, and disciplines”.
How To Nominate
To nominate an individual or organization for a 2016 EDI Award, please click here
to fill out the form. You will be asked to answer the questions below. Please note that the selection committee will only consider the first 500 words submitted for each question.
- To the best of your knowledge, what impact has the nominee made in promoting a respectful work, living and study environment at the University of Alberta?
- Does the nominee go above and beyond their role on campus to promote the values of equity, diversity and inclusion? Please describe the nominee’s contributions to equity, diversity and inclusion at the University of Alberta
- What are the main issues that the nominee is working to advance?
- Describe the characteristics or qualities that make this nominee ideal for this award
In addition to completing the on-line form, please send up to two letters of reference with the nominee’s name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection & Timeline
Nominations open on December 10, 2016
Nominations Close on February 15th, 2017 At 4:30 pm
A selection committee will review all nominations and select the recipients of the awards, which will be presented during the 2017 EDI Week.
The selection committee will consider the following:
- The impact that the nominee is making on EDI.
- The nominee’s history with EDI.
- The issues that the nominee is working to advance.
We will advise the nominee of their nomination.