1. Anyone interested in applying to the MFA Theatre Voice Pedagogy program, please contact David Ley directly before making any formal application to the University.
To apply, please click here and review steps 3, 4 and 5 on that webpage. To submit your on-line application, click the “Apply Now” button. Upload all required documents listed below and submit your $100 (Canadian) processing fee online by February 1, 2019.
2. Application materials include:
• Official transcripts from all universities attended. These are scanned into your on-line application, with paper copies to follow at a later date.
• Curriculum Vitae/Resume
• 3 letters of recommendation
• Letter of intent outlining why you want to teach voice, speech and text, where you see yourself after this program, and anything else you can say to let us know about your ambitions, skills, experiences, and interests--include a description of your previous work as a teacher and coach in a university, college or professional theatre context
• Portfolio which includes reviews or commentaries on your work in performance, coaching or teaching
• Please submit directly to the department a DVD of your teaching and coaching an actor or a class. Include exercises or activities (vocal or speech oriented) that develop some aspect of the actor's vocal life. Include some work on the application of this work to text in your coaching. Please keep it under 15 minutes. DVD’s should be mailed to:
Department of Drama
3-146 Fine Arts Building
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2C9
• TOEFL or IELTS score, if applicable