I have questions. Who can I talk to?

You can email or call Connie Golden, Undergraduate Advisor, at connie.golden@ualberta.ca or 780.492.8710.

When should I apply to the UofA?

Applications open each September for admission the following September.  Apply early.  Once you apply to the UofA you can then apply for Housing (residence fills up every year - and fills up fast!) as well as for Scholarships and Financial Aid.

How do I choose what classes to take?

Please read the BA Drama Course List for information on degree requirements, course listings and how to schedule classes.

I want to act. What performance opportunities are there?

There are lots! As soon as you start classes in the fall make sure to check the bulletin board (aka call board) outside the main Drama office (Rm. 3-146) on the 3rd floor of the Fine Arts Building (FAB).  There will be audition notices for Abbedam, the Off-the-Cuff CabaretThe New Works Festival, Directing class projects, Bleviss Laboratory Theatre shows and more!

Why are there are only two drama classes in the first year?

The courses in the BA Drama Major program build on each other, and certain classes must be taken before or at the same time as others.  As you progress through the program you will take more and more drama classes.  Also, by taking the core requirements (Arts Chart 1) in years 1 and 2, you’ll have more time to focus on Drama classes in years 3 and 4.  Lots of learning happens outside of class – students say that being involved in all the extra-curricular drama opportunities enhances their learning experience tremendously – so get involved!

I’d like to transfer into the program.  Can I do that?

Yes. Depending on what courses you have taken and from which post-secondary institution, you may be eligible to transfer into year 2 or 3 of the program.

Do I have to order transcripts?

If you applied through the Apply Alberta website and have opted to have your transcripts sent automatically, then you will not have to order transcripts for any participating Alberta institutions (including Alberta Learning).  You must request all other documents including IB, AP and out-of-province transcripts and arrange to have them sent to the Registrar’s Office before the deadline.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Submit official and complete transcripts directly to (check Bear Tracks for deadlines):


Office of the Registrar

            Administration Building

            University of Alberta

            Edmonton, AB  T6C 2M7


How and when will I receive FINAL ADMISSION?

Final Admission is assessed by the Registrar’s Office and/or the Faculty of Arts once all your official documents have been received.  Your admission decision can be viewed on Bear Tracks.

When should I start using my UofA email address and Bear Tracks?

Start using both your UofA email address and visit Bear Tracks as soon as you apply to the UofA.  These are the official channels of communication between the university and you.

What is Bear Tracks and how do I access it?

Bear Tracks is an online student services portal.  You access it by going to the UofA homepage www.ualberta.ca and clicking on the “Bear Tracks” link at the very top of the page.