An intensive, 3 year conservatory training program providing in-depth study of acting, movement, and voice combined with a university degree.
- More hours of professional actor training than any other university theatre program.
- Intensive training in movement, physical theatre and stage fighting; voice, speech, text analysis, dialect, singing; and immersion in a wide range of acting. styles with particular focus on classical/period/extended text.
- Study with a range of teachers, coaches, and directors including top-rated faculty, MFA directors and theatre professionals from the outside community.
- Preparation for immediate entry into the professional workforce.
You Will Learn:
- Physical and vocal flexibility and stamina to tackle any style of playing in today’s theatre.
- Theoretical and critical analysis of contemporary and classical texts, and then a variety of approaches to make them come alive.
- A solid and varied practice that develops all the actor’s tools to create a centered, intuitive and exciting on-stage presence.
- How to create a vibrant character with extended physical, psychological, imagistic, and vocal qualities.
- How to fill the stage and reach the audience in a variety of performance spaces.