A four year university program preparing future leaders in the fundamental aspects of stage production work.
You will learn:
- Depth of interaction with theatre professionals, staff, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students
- Immersion within a program that teaches several distinct theatre disciplines within one school setting
- Opportunity to obtain entry level skills, knowledge and experience in a wide variety of backstage work
- Project Management Fundamentals (Budgeting, Scheduling, Supervising and Controlling of resources)
- Employing Computerized Technology for Live Events (Lighting/Video/Audio control systems, Computer Assisted Drafting and Video Content Generation)
- Set and Properties Construction (including Carpentry, Welding, Rigging, Scenic Art)
- Set-up and Operation of Stage Equipment (Lighting, Audio, Video and Scenery/Rigging)
- Mastery of subjective skills, such as: communication, teamwork, problem-solving, planning, self-management, continuous learning
* The BFA in Technical Theatre was recognized by MacLean's magazine as a "Standout" program at the University of Alberta (Nov. 2016).