The only comprehensive university stage management program in Canada.
You will learn:
- Large number of stage management practicums at a variety of levels
- Large number of classes in stage management
- Depth of interaction with theatre professionals, staff, faculty, graduate and undergraduate students
- Collaboration skills
- Artistic skills
- Managerial tools
- Operation of backstage, onstage and rehearsal rooms
- Rehearsal documentation
- Performance calling
- Integration of all technical elements
- Preparation to enter the theatre world as a professional stage manager
The intensive training in this program is recognized by industry professionals, including Canadian Actor’s Equity Association. Upon graduation, you will be awarded a credit towards the apprenticeship credits required to become a full Equity member.
* The BFA in Technical Theatre was recognized by MacLean's magazine as a "Standout" program at the University of Alberta (Nov. 2016).