A four year university program providing in-depth study of the three areas of theatre design: costume, lighting and set design.
You Will Learn:
- Practicum assignments as designers in first year and throughout the program
- High level of engagement with faculty as instructors and mentors; only six students accepted per year
- Varied opportunities
- Collaboration with other design students from every level of the undergraduate and graduate programs
- CAD/3d CAD
- Director-Designer dialogue
- Freelance business techniques
You’ll have multiple opportunities to showcase your work, including the annual Portfolio Show and UAlberta's exhibit at the Prague Quadrennial, the world’s largest event dedicated to performance design.