The Master of Arts in Economics trains students for employment as economists or for advanced study at the doctoral level. This program is typically completed in 1 year.
Academic Admission Requirements:
• Equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in Economics with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on the University of Alberta 4-point grading scale in the last 2 years (60 credits) of full time study.
• The undergraduate degree should include advanced courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
• The equivalent of a GPA of at least 3.0 on the University of Alberta 4-point grading scale in all economics courses taken.
• Completed course work in calculus and statistics at the introductory level.
• International students may refer to the Minimum Academic Requirements by Country to determine eligibility.
Please refer to the Application Process section for information regarding additional requirements and to apply.