The Master of Arts in Economics trains students for employment as economists or for advanced study at the doctoral level. This program is typically completed in 2 years.
- Equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in Economics with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.5 on the University of Alberta 4-point grading scale in the last 2 years (60 credits) of full time study.
- The undergraduate degree should include advanced courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics.
- The equivalent of a GPA of at least 3.5 on the University of Alberta 4-point grading scale in all economics courses taken.
- Completed course work in calculus and statistics at the introductory level.
- International students may refer to the Minimum Academic Requirements by Country to determine eligibility.
Students who wish to be considered for either MA program are to submit only one application and select the Economics and Finance specialization. The Application Review Committee will determine which program to offer admission to. Decisions of the Application Review Committee are final.
Please refer to the Application Process section for information regarding other requirements and to apply.