All applicants must present the following:
- A 3 or 4-year degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- An Admission GPA (AGPA) of at least 2.0 or equivalent, based on the most recent 24*
While no specific course prerequisites exist for the After Degree, the length of the program will depend on the courses presented at the time of admission.
For the Secondary route please consult the following majors and minors and their requirements:
- After Degree program requirements are subject to yearly review. The degree requirements listed are effective July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017.
- All degree coursework must be completed prior to May 1st. Degree must be awarded and confirmed on your transcripts for the document deadline.
- For all routes: if 6 credits in English Language/Literature (Elementary Education) or English/French Literature and Composition (Secondary) have not been successfully presented in the first degree, these must be successfully completed within the After Degree program to meet graduation requirements
- If 3 credits of Mathematics/Statistics/Computing Science is not presented upon admission to the Elementary After Degree route, it must be completed within the After Degree program to meet graduation requirements.
- To determine whether your previous degree is accredited, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 780.492.3113.
- CTS Majors who hold a journey certificate (e.g., provincial and federal journey certification or two-year diploma) may be granted up to 30 credits advanced standing.
* The number of new students admitted to any particular program or year of a program may vary depending on the number of available places and the promotion, departure, or graduation of continuing students. While the minimum admission average is 70% for high school applicants, and a minimum GPA of 2.0 for postsecondary applicants, all admissions are competitive and the actual admission averages may be higher than the minimum.
For additional admissions information, consult the University of Alberta calendar: