On this page:
To be eligible for admission into the Early Childhood Education Certificate program, applicants must:
How to Apply
Please note that we are no longer accepting applications for the Summer 2017 intake. We will be accepting applications in Fall 2017 for the Summer 2018 intake.
- Click on "Start Your Application" and follow the prompts. You will have to fill out all information requested by ApplyAlberta. If you are new to ApplyAlberta you will need to create an account and set up your profile.
- Once your ApplyAlberta account has been completed, proceed with clicking the button "Start a New Application" and select "University of Alberta".
- Enter in your personal information and academic history again.
- When you get to the Academic Program tab, please choose the following:
- Under "When do you which to begin attending?" select Summer.
- Under "What is your intended status": select Degree or Diploma Student (even though this is a certificate program).
- Next under Academic Program: Priority 1:
- Faculty: choose Faculty of Education
- Degree: choose Certificate in Early Education
- Major: choose Early Childhood Education - Cert
To see a detailed view of the Step 4, click here.
Complete the rest of the application, the Declaration and payment.
Supporting Documents - Due April 1
Applicants to the program will be asked to submit the following documentation:
official post-secondary degree transcripts demonstrating that a degree has been awarded,
most recent post-secondary transcripts, if they are from a different institution than the one that awarded the degree (optional), and
a letter of intent.
Completed applications will be reviewed by ECE University Certificate Admission Committee for the Summer intake. Failure to submit all supporting documents will result in withdrawal of your application from consideration.
Certificates will be awarded for the successful completion of the designated courses within the Certificate and with a final grade point average of 2.0 or above. Certificates must be completed within four years.
Tuition and Funding
For the 2017-2018 academic year, tuition is approximately $1200/course and there will also be additional non-instructional fees for Off Campus- Part time students. We expect tuition and fees may increase in future years.
Applicants currently teaching in schools and early childhood settings may have access to professional development funds to support tuition fees.