Students not enrolled in a program at the University of Alberta will need to apply for admission as an Open Studies Student to register for courses.
Students not currently registered with UAlberta
Apply to open studies
Complete an Open Studies application by:
- December 15th (for Winter *1-credit courses)
- April 30th (for Spring courses)
- June 30th (for Summer courses)
Once you are admitted and assigned an ID number, you are considered a current UAlberta student and can proceed to the next section.
Current UAlberta students
Current students register online via Bear Tracks.
Bear Tracks opens February 15 at 6:00am for spring/summer registration. Register early!
Early registration dates
Apply for early registration by:
- December 1st (for Winter session)
- April 15th (for Spring session)
- June 8th (for Summer session)
If you are having difficulties with the registration process, please email email@example.com or phone 780-492-4273.
Learn more about Open Studies, the application process and registering for courses.