Every Tuesday morning all emergency residents attend Emergency Medicine City Wide Rounds in Classroom D of the University Hospital from 9:00 am to noon. The session is open to staff, residents, medical students, nurses, and other affiliated healthcare personnel. See the Calendar (above) for event specifics.
Rounds begin promptly at 9:00 a.m., so please have your presentation ready to go BEFORE 9:00 am Your selected topic must be reviewed at least one month in advance. Your presentation is expected to be thorough and include references to recent studies.
- Presentation Tips
Responsibilities for residents assigned "Donut Duty"
Please refer to Half Day Duties for a detailed list of responsibilities for residents.
- Who's Getting The Donuts?
- Block 1 to 2 - PGY 4
- Block 3 to 4 - PGY 3
- Block 5 to 7 - EM's
- Block 8 to 10 - PGY 2
- Block 11 to 13 - EMs
- Keep your receipt and Maria will reimburse you
- Pick up the staff/resident sign-in sheet, evaluation forms and drop-off box from Maria's desk and bring them to Classroom D
- Hand out the evaluation forms prior to the staff guest speaker
- Collect the evaluation forms and sign in sheet after rounds
- Give the guest speaker forms and sign-in sheet to Maria
- Put the resident speaker evaluation forms in their mailbox.