Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Program (RCPSC)
The RCPS Emergency Medicine program only accepts applications through the Canadian Resident Matching Service. See the CaRMS website for eligibility and timelines.
Approximately 6 positions.
Selection Criteria for Admission
Candidates shall be evaluated on the basis of:
- Academic records, with attention paid to proficiency in subjects related to the discipline of emergency medicine.
- Minimum of three reference letters. Additional letters are accepted.
- A personal letter
Specifically, the evaluation process shall assess the following:
- Leadership in college or medical school
- Commitment to the discipline of emergency medicine
- Creativity in life adjustments and achievement of educational goals
- Human relations skills
- Motivation and persistence
- Interest in, and commitment to, pre-hospital care
- Decision-making ability and maturity under stress
- Likelihood of making a significant contribution to emergency medicine.