The University of Alberta Emergency Notification System
The University issues an emergency alert when we need to inform you of an urgent event that requires you to take action for your safety.
We use a combination of methods, including the university’s email system, on university computers in labs, through Twitter, through the university's public address systems (in many, but not all, buildings), through the university app, and on the university’s home page.
What you can do right now
1. Make sure you follow #UAlberta on Twitter. The university will tweet emergency messages.
2. Make sure you install the university app and set it to receive notifications
3. If you don’t have data on your cell phone, contact the Office of Emergency Management for information about text messaging: email@example.com
What you can do in an emergency
1. Follow emergency instructions when you see them or hear them.
2. Share emergency information with others nearby that may not have received it.
3. Always check the university’s home page for updates about current emergencies.