About our Special Events
DiscoverE can bring engaging STEM activities and challenges to your special event! We are always looking for ways to engage youth and the community in high-impact STEM activities. We partner with local, regional and national organizations and groups to run one-time or recurring events. This includes everything from hosting a booth at the St. Albert Children's Festival, to running science shows at community recreation centers or running activities at the Jasper Dark Sky festival.
Pricing & Bursaries
Pricing for events is determined by the type of activity selected, length of the event and number of participants in addition to our base cost. The base cost for every event is $150 which covers the cost of two instructors for 1 hour in addition to set-up, take-down and travel. This amount does not cover the cost of the activity or any additional requests (e.g. more than two instructors). Please note that a 15% administration fee is applied to final cost of the event.
If your organization would like to participate in our Special Events program but is unable to due to financial reasons, please fill out our Group Bursary Application Form. Please note that filling out the form is only an application and does not guarantee that you will receive a bursary.
For more information or to book your event today, please email us at email@example.com.
Have a look at some of our events we have planned this year!
2020 Special Events
- NAIT Robotics - February 1st
- Summer Camp Preview - February 15th
- WISEST CHOICES Conference - February 18th/9th
- GETCA - February 27th
- Kids Create - March 7th
- Kids Create (Family Event in Augustana Campus, Camrose) - March 14th
2019 Special Events
- University of Alberta Open House - October 19th
- Let's Talk Science: School of Witchcraft & Wizardry - October 26th
- Jasper Dark Sky Festival - October 26th
- Engineering Wellness Week - November 27th
- WISEST SET Conference - November 30th