- Geostatistical modeling of nonstationary domains.
- Geostatistical models for environmental applications including CO2 sequestration and storage.
- Geostatistical models for temporal data.
- Use of numerical models in mine planning.
- Integration of multivariate data sets in numerical modeling.
Research Currently in Progress
- Reproduction of non-linear geological features such as channels, veins, complex folding, etc. This research uses the shortest path distance to integrate non-stationary anisotropy.
- Generation of anisotropy fields from available data such as point measurements, surfaces, interpreted volumes or geological analogues.
- Selection and use of training images with multiple point simulation algorithms.
- Assessment of variable importance with geometallurgical data (often >100 variables).