My general research interests include: air-sea interactions, environmental fluid mechanics and hydraulics of ice covered rivers. My specific interests are in: frazil ice detection, infrared remote sensing of the ocean surface, air-water gas transfer, wave breaking, limnology, wind wave mechanics, air entrainment, and hydraulics.
Research currently in progress
- Studying the flow around fish habitat structures
- Developing a technique to detect frazil ice particles using an instrument called the Shallow Water Ice Profiling System
- Investigating the hydraulics of ice-covered rivers
- Studying strudel scour that is caused by drainage of spring flood waters through holes in the surface of nearshore ice in the Mackenzie River delta
- Studying of the fluid mechanics of breaking wind waves
- Studying mixing in water treatment reactors