My research activities are conducted through Mining and Rock Science Development and Innovation Laboratory (MRDIL) at the University of Alberta. My research strives to use operations research and advanced analytical methods to develop models and solutions for the mining industry that allows better mine design and optimum operation. The objective of the research group is to focus on fundamental research and to tackle challenging projects addressing industry needs.
My research focuses on surface and underground mine planning and optimization. The ongoing research projects fall into the following areas:
- Long and Short Term Mine Scheduling for Surface and Underground Mines
- Underground Stop Boundary and Layout Optimisation
- Simulation Optimization of Mining Systems
- Application of the Real Options in Engineering Design and Decision Making
- Operational Energy Efficiency Optimization in Mining Operations
I am also part of the industrial research consortium Mining Optimization Laboratory (MOL) at the University of Alberta.